Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hope

I have been busily working on numerous cards (for which I have NO pictures! Gasp) for someone this week, and it seems like the more I do, the more ideas I have for new ones.

Lots of times I will dream designs in my sleep (please tell me I am NOT the only one). Last night was a different kind of card. I do believe it was for me.

Let me tell you a little about my story first, so you will understand the importance of my dream.

Last month, my husband lost his job as his boss closed down the place where he was working. So not only did my hubby lose his job so did about 20 other people. While I believe that God has a plan for us, I still felt we were on shaky ground. You see, I do not work outside the home, the only income I have is my scrap booking and card making. I have yet to earn enough to support us with it.

Alright, so now back to my dream. I was making inspirational cards. On this one in particular I was making my own paper for this one card. I made up some red, yellow, blue, and green paper pulp to mold paper into letters. The red became the letter E, the yellow the letter P, the blue H and the green the letter O. While I was waiting for the letters to dry, I made a huge card to put the letters on. This was to be the largest card I have ever made, roughly about 8 1/2 inches by 11 inches. I was arranging the now dry letters onto the card to audition where I wanted the them to go. I stood back to get a better look at what I had done, and what do you think I saw there? In colorful letters large enough for me to see without my glasses, I saw the word HOPE. Hope! Well I smiled to myself and looked up to the heavens and told God, thank you. He was giving me hope! What a nice warm feeling that brings to my soul.

May you be blessed each and every day.

No comments: